Frequently Asked Questions
If you have found yourself on the F.A.Q page, you like most folks have some great questions and want to better understand the construction process. We have listed out the most common F.A.Q's however our team is always available via email or phone call to answer your project specific questions.
1. Does it cost anything for me to get an estimate from Tersuli Construction Services – Estimates are always free of charge, unless we are hired to consult by you or your insurance provider.
2. I don’t live in the Seattle metropolitan area, does Tersuli Construction services work in my area too? – Yes. We work to provide service to all of King, Pierce and Snohomish county we like to say; if you refer it we will travel.
3. Does Tersuli Construction Services work for my insurance company? – Tersuli Construction is an independent contractor that works for you, and works with your insurance provider as necessary on your behalf.
4. Are Tersuli Construction Services employees well trained? – Yes. Tersuli Construction services employees are trained on a daily and ongoing basis.
5. My current contractor is not performing up to my expectations, Can Tersuli Construction Services take over an active project? – Yes. Tersuli Construction Services can take over for contractors that fail to meet standards or expectations. .
6. I prefer to communicate via e-mail, is that possible? – Yes. Tersuli Construction Services will communicate in any format you prefer.
7. I have a project but I don’t know when I will want to start, will Tersuli Construction Services still take on my project? – Yes. Tersuli Construction Services maintains a forecasted project schedule start your project in the future when it is convenient for you.
8. Is Tersuli Construction Services Licensed, Bonded, and Insured? – Yes. Tersuli Construction Services is licensed and bonded in the state of Washington. Providing quality workmanship and timely projects for over a decade.
9. What should I do if I have a sudden leak or fire? – Contact Tersuli Construction Services immediately, our sister company can provide 24/7 365 emergency service.
10. I understand I am working with a project manager, but does the owner know about my project? – Yes. at Tersuli Construction Services every project is discussed at the weekly meeting with our project managers and executive team.
11. What is Tersuli Construction’s Services geographic service Area? – We are proud to provide our construction expertise on projects throughout King and Snohomish counties, and by referral all of the greater Puget Sound.
12. How long is my construction project going to take? Each construction project is unique in size and scope, so the length of time to complete repairs varies. We’ll provide you with a timeline and communicate with you regularly on the status of your project. Your participation in making certain decisions about your work also impacts the schedule. Construction may involve detailed drawings and require extensive engineering reviews, permitting, and designs followed by bids from sub-contractors.
13. During restoration can I upgrade or renovate my home? How and when can I make changes or upgrades? Changes can be made before or during the construction of your home. However, having your design and selections completed before will allow your project to move faster with a lower overall cost. A signed change order and a 50% deposit will be collected prior to ordering materials or performing additional scope.
14. What are your inspection processes at key points of construction, at final walk-through, and to address any matters that need to be corrected or finalized? Our weekly meetings keep everyone up to date, and will address any concerns that may arise during construction. At completion, we perform a walk thru with our clients answering any question on how things work and noting any issues that need to be addressed prior to them moving in.
15. Why should I trust Tersuli Construction Services to re-build my home? We are professionals with more than 10 years’ experience in the Puget Sound Area. We are licensed and bonded in the State of Washington and our team is fully trained and committed to customer satisfaction. We care about high quality materials and labor and we care about our clients, vendors, and employees. We treat our clients the same way we would like to be treated, with open communication and integrity from start to finish.
16. What can I do to speed up the process? Tersuli Construction’s process is a proven one. We handle all the details; we just need you to be ready to make decisions when it is time. Your Project Manager’s weekly on-site walkthroughs will help identify what steps are next in the process and confirm what items need to be selected for ordering and scheduling.
(Your new client packet will have tips and tricks to ensure your project stays on track and will include your schedule/allowance/budget sheet for trim selections and building materials.)